Experienced in all aspects of leading a technology department including: budgeting, personal management, vendor relations, and equipment standardization. Lead cross functional teams and committees with diverse backgrounds. Adept at consensus building, crisis management, problem-solving, and negotiating. Well versed IT background including systems administration, help desk management, project management, and networking.
- Confident, Dedicated Technology Leader with a long career record of stakeholder satisfaction, teambuilding, strategic insight, poised for next-level success.
- Strategic IT Leader and Champion for Change – with a reputation for leading through uncertain times and maximizing cutting edge technology to streamline business practices.
- Coaching and Mentoring – team members performing above expectations. Motivating & assisting underperforming team members to maximize team output.
- Budget Management – 7 years experience developing Technology budgets of $250k – $500k: scrutinized by School Boards, Budget Committees and voters. Obtained stakeholder buy-in for many capital projects & improvements ranging from $10k – $100k.
- Masters of Information Systems – extensive experience building and managing Microsoft & VMWare based Environments.
He has transformed our IT Department from less than minimal productivity and reliability to one where staff and students’ experiences in technology are rewarding and productive”
Elaine. F Cutler, Ed.D, Superintended of Schools, 2012
Budget Management | Vendor Relations & Negotiations |Enterprise Architecture & Strategy | Cloud Architecture | Ticketing Systems | IT Governance | Enterprise Level Deployments | Project Management | Ticketing Systems | Governance| Team Building & Direction | Stakeholder Buy In
- Technology Leadership – Chaired District Technology Committee. Served as a member of the District’s Administrative Team to provide leadership and direction for Technology.
- Technology Planning – Authored several three year technology plans in conjunction with Technology committee and in accordance with State of New Hampshire regulations.
- Responsiveness – Decreased annual help desk ticket volume by 20% through standardization, centralization & best practices implementation.
- Project Management – Implemented VMWare server cluster leveraging existing hardware to increase server capacity by 70%. Other major projects / implementation include VMWare Virtual Desktops, Cisco Wireless, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft System Center.
- Budget Management & Planning – Develop and manage annual IT operating budget of $300k-$400k. Present budget to Administrative Team, School Board, Town Budget committee and voters for approval.
Litchfield School District, Litchfield, NH. July 2010 – Current
Director of Information Technology
Implement: VMWare Virtual Server Environment, VMware Virtual Desktop Environment, Microsoft SCCM 2012 Dell Equalogics NAS, Cisco wireless network, complete network switching replacement using HP Procurve switches, Microsoft Exchange 2010, and Active Directory.
Responsible for: system administration, planning, and operation of 600 PCs, $300K-$400K annual IT budget, all IT infrastructure, Phone & PA System, Microsoft Exchange / Office 365 Email System, Help Desk and 2000 user Active Directory environment.
Author: Three Year State approved strategic technology plan
Lead: Technology Committee
Supervise: One full time technology assistant. Dotted line supervision of six part time / stipend positions. Supervision of Technology Volunteers.
Mascenic School District, New Ipswich, NH. August 2007 – July 2010
Director of Information Technology
Implement: district wide technology budget, district wide technology plan, FirstClass e-mail and communications system, PowerSchool student information system, and RicherPicture digital portfolio system.
Responsible for: maintenance and operation of 400 PCs, 20 servers and related equipment, and 1500 user system spread over 6 school buildings.
Lead: Digital Portfolio committee, and Technology Committee
Supervise: One full time and several part time / seasonal technology staff.
Plymouth Regional High School, Plymouth, NH. June 2001 – July 2007
Assistant Technology Coordinator
Responsible for: maintenance and operation of 300 Windows XP PCs, 4 Windows 2003 Servers, and related equipment. Assisted office, administrative, and teaching staff in day-to-day use, ordering and setup of individual computers, and construction of computer labs.
Plymouth State University, Plymouth, NH
B.S., Information Technology; GPA: 3.73
Minor: Business Administration
Minor: Professional Communications
University of Phoenix, Online
M.S., Information Sciences; GPA: 3.87
- Microsoft 5047B Introduction to Installing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP1 (January 2011)
- Microsoft 6432A – Managing and maintaining Windows Server 2008 Active Directory services (April 2011)
- Microsoft 6428A – Configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services (April 2011)
- Microsoft 10747A – Administering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (HV) (March 2013)
- Microsoft 10748A – Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (HV) (April 2013)
Axis IP Cameras, Nuuo IP Cameras, Symantec Ghost, FirstClass Email, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Symantec End Point Protection, Symantec BackupExec, Microsoft Exchange, WSUS, Active Directory, Group Policies, DHCP, DNS, Terminal Services, SCCM 2012, Office 365, HP networking equipment, Sonicwall security solutions, Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, Untangle, Cisco Wireless, HP Networking, Aruba Wireless, Barracuda networking equipment, Windows 2003, 2008R2 & 2012 Server, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Ubuntu, Webmin, Apache, OSX, VMWare VCenter, VMWare View, Sophos Anti-Virus, KeriSys Door Controls, Avaya PBX, Dell Equalogics Storage.